Tuesday 27 November 2007

Firefox 3 Beta 1 passes the Second Acid Test

I was quite excited when Firefox 3 Beta 1 was released a few days ago - for at least two reasons.

The first thing I thought about the other day was the memory - I was hoping I will read something about it in the release notes, as the second version of the browser can consume lots of MB of RAM. By the way, I am not sure what the world record is, but here you can see Firefox at 1.8 GB. Therefore, it was really nice to find out that "over 300 individual memory leaks have been plugged"!

The first thing I did though after installing FF 3 Beta 1 was to see how it does with the second acid test and whether it can be as perfect as Opera is. And to my surprise, Firefox is actually perfect! Finally, it renders the correct 'face':


Just after that test I read about rendering improvements in CSS in the release notes. Well done the Firefox dev team! For me as a web developer that is a really good news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.